A tribute to my grandmother. She was devoted to quilting and inspired me to create my own quilts. Now offering Longarm quilting services.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Recent Quilting Projects

Recently I made a couple quilts to keep as samples of longarm quilting with Pantograph patterns I have.

The small baby sized quilt has cupcake flannel and a couple of other coordinating flannel fabrics which I quilted using the Feathered Roses pantograph. This is a small size quilt at 40" x 45" and didn't use a pattern. 100% cotton Flannel fabric and Fairfield 80/20 batting. The pantograph is a nice floral and feather pattern. Used Marathon upper thread and masterpiece in the bobbin. An unlikely pair that happened to be the perfect turquoise color but had perfect tension with this combination.

The other quilt is Lilac colored and made from some fabric I had for a while. Measures 60" x 80". The floral is Field of Dreams by Clothworks fabric, the peach colored fabric is Natures Pallette Bamboo by Michele Scott for Lyndhurst Studio Fabric  and some of the other are from JoAnns's.  Didn't have a pattern. Just cut a few blocks to make 10" blocks to get that stair step effect. All 100% cotton fabric. I used Fairfield 80/20 batting and the Antique Lace Pantograph pattern to quilt it.   I used dark blue with violet flowers for the backing.  Was not entirely happy with the quilting as I had an issue with thread breaking. Attribute this to the cone of poly core purple thread I bought at the local quilt shop. May not have been fresh.

The teapot block is for a swap I'm involved in. Not sure who the receiver will be as that name has not been drawn yet.  

Have taken a few days off from sewing but plan to start a new project on Monday.

Thanks for visiting my block.

If you are interested in having any longarm quilting done, please visit my site at www.longarmquiltingfromtheheart.com. I have a special where you can get a Charity quilt quilted for free when you order quilting on another quilt from me until July 15th.    

Happy Quilting!














2 comments:

  1. That cupcake quilt is so cute Sissy.
    Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khris thanks! I go to Joann's Fabric on black Friday after Thanksgiving when the flannel is about $1.49 a yard and buy a bunch to make charity quilts with. That is where I got the cute cupcake fabric. That will eventually go to Quilts for Kids charity. Thanks for visiting today.

    ReplyDelete