A tribute to my grandmother. She was devoted to quilting and inspired me to create my own quilts. Now offering Longarm quilting services.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

New "Pajama Game" Quilt I'm starting

I'm starting a new quilt. "Pajama game" by Lizzie B Creative, 52.5 x 52.5.  This quilt may be an on going project due to it's complexity. I bought the pattern at the quilt show this past January. They had the sample made up and it was adorable. I was attracted to it because of the use of a wide variety of fabrics. Chenille, flannel, fuzzy, cotton and terrycloth. Buttons, feathers, and ribbons are trims also used. Some of the blocks require hand embroidery and other blocks have the writing appliqued on. There are a few pieced blocks. The entire quilt top can be made from scraps but I'm planning to use a bundle of fat quarters I have from Moda. "A little Romance" by April Cornell. They are mostly plaids, checks, stripes and a few solids. Pink, green, violet in various shades. I will also sort through some of the pastel left overs from other quilts I have. I thought this pattern a little pricey at $12.50. But it is so well written and easy to read and understand that it is worth it. The instructions for each block are on one sheet with the instructions and all the pieces required for that block. I was able to just lay my fusible paper on the pattern without having to enlarge or reverse it without a light box. So far I have traced all the pieces for the first block which is the "sweet" block. I will be getting all the fabric out today so I can coordinate it and put it aside to use.  This quilt would be a great gift for teen or pre-teen aged girl. Hopefully i will have it done before my baby granddaughter is that old. Thanks for stopping by. Will post pictures as I have blocks done. If you are interested in this pattern it is available on their website at http://www.lizziebcre8live.com/ They also have a video teaching their method of applique.     

No comments:

Post a Comment