A tribute to my grandmother. She was devoted to quilting and inspired me to create my own quilts. Now offering Longarm quilting services.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pajama Game Quilt Progress

Pajama Game Quilt Progress
I have been working on a couple of the appliqued blocks for this quilt. Have finished the "Sweet" and the "Comfy" blocks. Have the templates made for two others. I use fusible webbing and then stitch all the pieces down. I also use fray check on all the edges as extra precaution.   Finished a couple of the pieced blocks and cut some of the blocks to hand embroidery.   Planning to get a box of vintage chenille bedspreads out to see if there is one I don't mind cutting up for the backing and perhaps the inside border or the block where I have to make a bathrobe. Generally I don't like to cut them up. But this seems like a worthy project to use one on. I have been working with a design board trying to work out all the colors for the rest of the blocks. Not totally committed to any specific colors yet.  Trying to get a nice flow to the top. That's about all I have been sewing. The pictures are not great but you get the idea. You can see the pattern in an earlier post.



















I took a few minutes to look through some boxes of chenille bedspreads. I found a couple that would be nice as a backing. I think I will use this one pictured. It has a little rip in the very top. So it is not perfect and I can cut it up without too much remorse! Large enough to have enough for a border on the front of the quilt and a couple small matching pillows if I feel like it. But usually by the time I get to the matching pillow stage I'm sick of the whole project. Anyway this is my plan for now. Happy quilting!   


1 comment: