A tribute to my grandmother. She was devoted to quilting and inspired me to create my own quilts. Now offering Longarm quilting services.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quilts for Kids-Charity Quilts-Finished Today

Today I finished quilting 6 quilts for charity. The president of the Southern Arizona Chapter of Quilts for Kids sent these to me last week . Most of the children that these quilts are distributed to are in the hospital with cancer. I enjoyed the experience quilting on my Hq 16 and hope that Virginia will like what I did. She lets the quilter decide what to do which is great for me since I need the practice. I used three different patterns and the safari panel I micro quilted the entire top. I donate my time and the thread. She supplies everything else.  If you have not made a quilt for charity I urge you to make one. There are any number of charities that would be glad to accept your donation. This women is 82 years old and makes two a day. Something to think about. If you are interested in donating to this charity you can look them up at www.quiltsforkids.org. Pictures are not that great but you get the idea.      










No comments:

Post a Comment