A tribute to my grandmother. She was devoted to quilting and inspired me to create my own quilts. Now offering Longarm quilting services.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Vintage Muslin Bedspread -All Hnad work

I'm taking a break from sewing and quilting to add a few things to my etsy store
This is an especially nice vintage muslin bedspread so I thought I would share it with you.
The hand work is wonderful. I hate to part with it but have to reduce some of my collections to make room for my quilting.
Hope you are all having a wonderful day.
 I purchased this bedspread at an estate sale in Seattle, Wa. A number of year's ago. It was made by a Swedish lady. Her family was not sure exactly when it was made. They just remembered that it had always been there. I had intended to keep it. But I have recently decided I have to part with a few things to make room for more! I think it is from the 1940's based on the information at the sale. 

Size is 68.5" x 90" Has a center design and then the stitched design at the top intended to cover the pillows with. It's clean and I lightly pressed it. I didn't soak it. There are no holes and no stains. Hemmed in pink. Completely hand sewed. 

This is a stunning large bed cover made of old muslin. All hand embroidered bedspread. From the hem in the edges to the beautiful Sun Bonnet girl in the center the handwork is just lovely. Stitched with an experienced hand. Only quality workmanship. This is not the type of muslin you buy today. This is the old muslin that has a nice texture to it. The pictures actually make it look a little lighter than it is. 

Colors are mostly pink, blue, green and gold. It is so big I had a hard time trying to find a place big enough to take the picture. I have many pictures saved on my computer. So if you are considering this item, please feel free to request more pictures by email.

If you like to decorate in the shabby chic or cottage style this would be a lovely addition to your bedding. Just add a bed skirt and you have a ready made bed. This would be a nice summer weight bedspread. I actually toyed with the idea of adding a back to it and turning it into a duvet cover. So if you don't need a bedspread there are several opportunities that come to mind to re-purpose this. 

I accept paypal payments. You do not have to have a paypal account to use a credit card to pay with paypal. Please send an questions and I will respond promptly. 

Happy to combine items to save on shipping. Please feel free to ask for the cost.

Thanks for visiting and stop back soon as I also adding other vintage linens as time permits.

Priced for quick sale.

There is a link to my etsy store just below on the bottom of my blog if you would like to look at a few other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment