A tribute to my grandmother. She was devoted to quilting and inspired me to create my own quilts. Now offering Longarm quilting services.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Antique 1930's Seattle Star Newspaper Nursery Rhyme Quilt Pattern

Hi all,
Have not had time to up-date my blog lately. Life is just getting in the way of me sewing and quilting very much. I did manage to finish one quilt top which I will add another post about a little later. Right now I wanted to share a vintage pattern I just added to itsy. Hope you will stop by and take a look as it's a rare pattern from the Seattle Star Newspaper in Seattle from the 1930's. (Many of you know I'm from Seattle) I purchased this at a rummage sale in Ballad a few years ago. It was always my intention to make this quilt. But I see now that I will probably never get to it so have decided to attempt to sell it.  It's an embroidery block pattern.   
I'm trying to clean out my vintage linen collection and sell a few things on etsy that I think are worth the trouble. Some of the quilts and chenille bedspreads and linens I have been carting around for years.  Also busy working outside as I have neglected it terribly due to the summer heat. When the tree blew over I was forced to see all the weeds.
Cleaning in general inside and out. It's so hot here in the summer that I'm afraid I'm guilty of neglecting the house and yard. Almost makes me hate fall when I take a look around with the holidays approaching and realize I have to do something besides sew. I will be babysitting my grandchildren this week end for five days so will also do a little in anticipation of the three children being here. The cabin quilt ready to put on my frame may have to wait a few days until I quit having a guilty conscience over my dirty messy house.    http://www.etsy.com/listing/82588612/rare-1930s-vintage-mother-goose-nursery?utm_source=OpenGraph&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share
Hope you all are busy sewing. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.View Pattern on etsy here

1 comment: