A tribute to my grandmother. She was devoted to quilting and inspired me to create my own quilts. Now offering Longarm quilting services.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Northwest Territory Wildlife Bear Quilt Top

Hello All,
I just added a few pictures after I quilted this Northwest Terriotry Bear quilt on my longarm machine. The other picture is my faithful friend and helper. Emmi my Yorkie.

This is a small 75" x 50" quilt top I made the past couple of days. With no points to match or triangles to cut it went together fairy quickly.  I have to get some backing for it before I can quilt it. But thought I would go ahead and share it today since I'm up-dating everything on the Internet. The blocks are 6.5" square and I sashed them with bear paw or green pine cone fabric alternating them. I fussy cut them. Added a 2.5 inch of fishing creel fabric between the blocks and a 1.5 inch green pine cone border, 2.5" bear paw print fabric border and the 4" striped border. Some fun fabric made by Marcus Brothers from their Northwest Territory fabric collection. I purchased it at the Quilt festival in Phoenix in January. It was a five yard bundle from Bolines fabric. Perfect size to quilt on. It is a little different than most fabric that I'm attracted to. But found it interesting since I do love the outdoors and camping and so on. Just the right size for a nap. I'm thinking about how to quilt it now.  It will probably be on etsy for those that love cabin decor.

Thanks for visiting today.
The baby quilts that I added earlier are the next post down.


















No comments:

Post a Comment